Wednesday, December 10, 2014

On 1:30 PM by Unknown in    No comments

What is it?

Newest member of the famous Book of Shadows. Eyeshadow palette with 16 eyeshadows, two pencils and mini primer potion from Urban Decay.

They Describe it as:

Totally obsessed with The Big Apple? So are we (how could anyone NOT be?) Inspired by the glimmering lights and iconic landmarks of New York City, Book of Shadows Vol III features 16 eyeshadows that go way beyond neutrals and brights, including SEVEN NEW shades with names like Loaded, Rockstar and Money. We’ve also included nine best-sellers in a range of sizzling textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.

Rating:

  • Product: 3 out of 5
  • Packaging: 3 out of 5
  • Quality: 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3 out of 5
  • Would I buy again? I don’t think so.
  • Price: $54

Where to buy:



Overall Opinion:

So, I have to say that I wasn’t that impressed with this.
I also have the BoS. II, and to be honest I had the same feelings of that one too.
It’s not the quality of the shadows, they all are pigmented, almost creamy. But have to admit that I’m not a big fan of all the chunky glitter (like in Uzi, Maui Wowie, Snatch…).
Also, even though the palette looks awesome with all the lights and details and stuff, it’s hard to take with you anywhere. It’s big, and personally I don’t want to risk a chance to brake it.
It also lacks a desent highlighter (I don’t count Uzi as one, mainly because of the glitter) , so you would need to take something else with you too, BoS III just isn’t enough.
Overall, I think this is more of a collector’s item than usable makeup palette. It looks great in your makeup stash, but that’s it.

MUG Seal of Approval:

My personal picks:

Money - Beautiful silvery green color.
Loaded – Great pair with Money, deep shimmer forest green
Rockstar – Plummy shimmery shadow, great for crease or outer V
Smog – Perfect for creating brown smokey eyes

Swatches:





.

0 comments:

Post a Comment